Cook County Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery offers two positions for non-categorical paid interns. The internship position will allow the non-categorical resident to participate in:
- Outpatient and Diagnostic Clinics
- Taking call with the residents
- Daily rounds
- Assisting in the Operating Room
- Anesthesia rotation
- Medicine rotation
- Emergency and Trauma departments
- Weekly seminars and lectures
If you are interested please send the following to our department:
a) Application fee of $45.00 payable to "Hektoen Institute - Fund # 04099"
b) 2x2 inch photo of applicant
c) Official Dental School Transcript
d) Official Undergraduate Transcript
e) Official NBME scores/NBDE scores Part I/II
f) Three letters of recommendation
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
a) Must have passed Part I, National Dental Board Examination
b) Must be a graduate of a U.S. or Canadian dental school.
c) Must be proficient in the English language.
Prior to enrollment in the program applicants:
a) Must have passed Parts I and II, National Dental Board Examination.
b) Must have earned a D.M.D/D.D.S. degree, or equivalent.
c) Must be eligible for state dental license. Temporary or permanent Illinois license is required.
To apply please send materials to:
1) Contact us via the following two e-mails. Place in the subject: RE: Attn Dr. Fung; Internship. The first e-mail is for the residents/faculty and the second is to notify our administrative assistant who will be helping you with your application.
Maria Rodriguez- Clerkship Coordinator
Mail applications to this address:
John Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Attn: Dr. Henry Fung
RE: Internship Application
1900 W. Polk St, Ste. 611
Chicago, IL 60612